It’s time for the last two questions in The Next Big Thing (TNBT) blog hop event. The event consists of 10 questions about an author’s current work in progress (WIP). Each author who is tagged answers the 10 questions listed below about his or her current WIP. Then that author tags five (or fewer) other writers and links to their blogs so we can all hop over and read their answers (see my blog entry for June 28 for more details).
Question #9: Which authors inspired you to write this book?
Going back to my teens, authors such as Dorothy L. Sayers and Ngaio Marsh inspired me, before I even knew I wanted to write mysteries. I was floored when I read Sayers’ The Nine Tailors. What a work of art. Much later, Tony Hillerman and Margaret Coel became inspirations. I discovered Hillerman only ten years ago, long after he’d written his first mystery, but when I found him, I devoured his books, one after another, until I’d caught up with his writing. I wish he were alive today, still writing about Joe Leaphorn.
Question #10: Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book.
I’ve tagged four more awesome writers whose work you want to watch. Check out their links and see what WIPs they’re crafting:
http://www.maureenamiller.com/Maureen A. Miller
Here is the full list of TNBT questions for you to copy and paste to your blog along with your answers. Just tag five (or fewer, if you wish) awesome writers and add their links so we can all follow along.
1. What is the title of your book/WIP?
2. Where did the idea for the book come from?
3. What genre would your book fall under?
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
6. Is your book published or represented?
7. How long did it take you to write?
8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to?
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
10. Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book.